Thursday 5 July 2007

A visit to York

Its still raining- yes- the worst Summer that anyone here can remember. But for those who may have been wondering- the floods have not hit our part of Sheffield- we are just a bit soggy.
Since our last post we have done a couple of things worth mentioning.

Last week was my 30th birthday- and I had a great one. I have really been reminded of how much God has blessed me in the past six months. One of my big prayers was that I would make a friend quickly. Last Thursday night one of the lovley girls at church organised drinks and dessert (or puddings as they call it) at her place for my b'day. It was a really fantastic night- loads of girls from church- some of whom I have become quite close to- and others I am still getting to know. I felt very spoilt- but also very blessed.

Thankyou also to all my wonderful friends in Australia who sent me birthday wishes. I miss you all loads- and think of you much more than my phonecalls/ emailing would suggest. And to those who missed my birthday all together- I miss you too and you make me feel a whole lot better about myself- as I am so very hopeless at remembering birthdays!! I'm working on it...

Breakfast in bed!


The next day- we headed to Hull- for one of the highlights of my time here in the UK so far! Hull is supposed to be a bit of a deadend city- not much there to see or do.... But on Friday night our very own Colin Buchanan was performing for the kiddies. I am a huge fan of Colin- and as usual- he was entertaining- and sang out his fantastic tunes and we all bopped along. I was amazed by Jai- who really got into it and was dancing her little legs off. Pitty about the smelly nappy throughout the whole show. F loved it too-Colin sure brings the gospel to the mouths of very small children.


After meeting Colin and convicing him to visit our church next tour- we headed to York where we had rented a town house for a weekend break. I loved York- beautiful old city- very Roman- lost of ancient architechtural remains- great shopping- and a good kid friendly pub!

Still raining



We visited the National Railway Museum- which was great fun for the kids- probably even better in a couple of years.




2 comments:

Cassie Tasker (SFPorter) said...

F got a picture with Colin!!! He looks stoked...That is awesome, Nt.

Anonymous said...

We just had a concert with Colin at CCSI and I would say that it is probably the highlight of my carreer to date. He is such a wonderful guy with such skills. It is so wonderful to see so many kids and adults reciting bits of the Bible. Praise God!
I too got a photo of myself with Colin and am going to get it framed for sure.
Hope you are all well.
God bless
Emma