Tuesday 19 June 2007

Officially Lost

Well, on Friday, a week after I boasted of the beautiful sunshine we were enjoying, more rain fell in Sheffield in 45 minutes, than usually falls in the month of June! Lots of floods and dramatic news coverage.
As the rain fell, Andrew dropped into the supermarket to pick up some things for dinner. Whilst shopping, a security guard watched a 'suspicious looking man' smash the driver side window of our car and snatch our sat nav. I was very sad! Our sat nav (generously passed on to us by Andrew's brother, Charles), has become one of my very good friends over the past 6 months. Anyone who has driven with me knows what my sense of direction (or rather, lack of) is like- and to be able to just get in the car with the kids and not to have to think about where I am going- has been a bit of a luxury- but fantastic! Getting the maps out will be good for me- I might get a bit more of a sense of the direction I am going in- and work out where things are in relation to each other!
Andrew battled the down pour on the way home- having no window.
Determined not to let this ruin our day off- we taped some plastic to the doorframe- and headed to the leisure centre with the kids for the afternoon- we had a swim and grabbed some dinner- and the kids had a great night's sleep.
Window is now fixed.

No comments: